This is a recipe that I’ve made at our house a few times since we’ve been eating Paleo. A lot of paleo recipes I try, I don’t feel like they are worthy of trying again because they were either too dry, bland or we just didn’t like them. This one is worth your time. If you don’t have a food processor to “rice” the cauliflower, you can shred (carefully!) the cauliflower. It might take a little while and is messy, but so worth it. Obviously, you can use white or brown rice in place of the cauliflower. It just won’t be considered a paleo recipe at that point.
I hope you will give this one a try.
Side note….. we didn’t like the chorizo that much. I now make this recipe with 1 pound of ground beef instead and we like it much better!
Mexican Rice Bowls
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ⅓ cup broth or water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ pound pork chorizo
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- salsa of choice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Run florets of cauliflower through a food processor using the shredding attachment, to rice the cauliflower. Or use a grater and grate the cauliflower until you have small pieces.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat, add cauliflower and broth or water and a bit of salt to the pan and cover to let steam for about 10 minutes. Mix a couple times to keep from sticking to the bottom.
- Once cauliflower is soft, add garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cilantro, lime, and a bit of salt and pepper.
- While rice is cooking, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook chorizo and ground beef. Break up into small pieces and cook until cooked through completely.
- Dice onion and avocado.
- When cauliflower rice and meat are done cooking, add rice, meat, onion, avocado, and salsa to a bowl.
Recipe courtesy of www.paleomg.com