This recipe is lemony, crispy, slightly briny from the capers and full of flavor!
- 1½ pounds chicken breast or thighs
- ½ cup Tapioca Starch
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan or Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ cup Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil (or olive oil)
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- ¾ cups of White Wine (I use low sodium chicken broth instead, especially when I’m doing Whole 30)
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Capers
- Place the oil in a pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Place the Tapioca Starach and Coconut Flour in a bowl with the onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix together.
- Place eggs in another bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg and then into the flour mixture.
- Place the coated chicken pieces in the pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the wine (or broth, if using) and lemon.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Add the capers at the end. ** I like to finish the sauce with another 2 tsp. of clarified butter for richness.
- Place on plates.
- Spoon the sauce over it.
This recipe has been altered, but original recipe is courtesy of mindbodyoasis.com