- 1 tsp avocado oil or olive oil
- ½ small onion, sliced ** I use 1 whole small onion
- 1 cup sliced peppers, about 6 mini sweet peppers
- ½ lb ground pork or chicken
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- Pinch ground cumin
- Salt, pepper & chili powder to taste
- 1 avocado, mashed ** I use avocado crema instead
- 2 – 4 tbl salsa
- cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil. Add onions & peppers to the skillet to soften.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mash the avocado with a fork and set aside. (Or prepare the avocado crema, if using)
- When the onions and peppers begin to brown, move them to the edge of the skillet. Add the pork or chicken, along with the oregano, cumin, salt, pepper & ancho chile. Turn the pork over after a few minutes and break it up into chunks with the back of a spoon. Cook for several minutes more, until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Stir to combine the meat and vegetables.
- Split the skillet between two bowls. Top each bowl with half of the mashed avocado and salsa to taste along with the cilantro and lime wedges.
This recipe slightly altered from meatified.com